Beginning Rails: From Novice to Professional - download pdf or read online
By Cloves Carneiro Jr
Beginning Rails is the sensible start line for someone eager to tips on how to construct dynamic internet functions utilizing the Rails framework for Ruby. You’ll learn the way the entire elements of Rails healthy jointly and the way you could leverage them to create refined net functions with much less code and extra joy.
This e-book is especially like minded to these with very little adventure with net program improvement, or who've a few event yet are new to Rails. starting Rails assumes simple familiarity with net phrases and applied sciences, yet does not require you to be an expert.
- A mild advent to the Ruby programming language
- Installing Ruby and Rails on a Mac, Linux, or home windows method
- The philosophy at the back of Rails and why it issues
- The Model-View-Controller structure
- The fundamentals of relational databases and SQL
- Setting up a MySQL database and making a schema with migrations
- Experimenting along with your stay program within the Rails console
- Creating wealthy relationships among your types
- Using controllers and templates adequately
- Leveraging helpers to maintain your templates fresh and good judgment loose
- Adding Ajax and visible results to complement your consumer interfaces
- How to ship and obtain mail out of your software
- Using and growing your individual plug-ins
- Ensuring your code opposed to Murphy’s legislations via writing exams
- Using Capistrano to installation your program
Rather than delving into the arcane information of Rails, the focal point is at the features of the framework that would develop into your decide, shovel, and awl. half heritage lesson, half advent to object-oriented programming, and half dissertation on open resource software program, Beginning Rails doesn’t simply clarify how one can do anything in Rails, it explains why.
Every programmer fondly recollects the publication that helped them start. The target of Beginning Rails is to turn into that e-book for you, today.
Table of Contents
- Introducing the Rails Framework
- Getting begun
- Getting whatever operating
- Working with a Database: energetic checklist
- Advanced energetic checklist: bettering Your types
- Action Pack:Working with the View and the Controller
- Improving interplay with Ajax
- Sending and Receiving Mail
- Testing Your software
- Extending Rails with Plugins
- Deploying Your Rails purposes
Read Online or Download Beginning Rails: From Novice to Professional PDF
Similar database storage & design books
Written with readability and a down-to-earth procedure, Sams educate your self SQL Server 2005 exhibit in 24 Hours covers the fundamentals of Microsoft's most up-to-date model of SQL Server. professional writer Alison Balter takes you from easy options to an intermediate point in 24 one-hour classes. you'll research all the easy projects priceless for the management of SQL Server 2005.
Once they say specialist programming, they aint kiddin round. such a lot of this ebook goes to be over the heads of somebody with no measure in computing device technology. a lot of the examples are so vague and slender in scope that i do not see myself ever utilizing ninety percentage of them. in spite of the fact that, i've got came across use for the remainder 10, which makes this publication very definitely worth the buy for my part.
''Business approach administration structures: technique and Implementation discusses company administration practices and the know-how that allows them. It analyzes the heritage of method administration practices and proposes that BPM practices are a synthesis of BPR (radical swap) and TQM (continuous switch) practices.
Additional info for Beginning Rails: From Novice to Professional
If you’ve never used a framework before, you should be surprised. In some cases, configuring a framework is nearly half the work. Instead of configuration, Rails relies on common structures and naming conventions, all of which employ the often-cited principle of least surprise (POLS). Things behave in a predictable, easy-to-decipher way. There are intelligent defaults for nearly every aspect of the framework, relieving you, the developer, from having to explicitly tell the framework how to behave.
Be aware, though, that the script won’t install MySQL for you—you have to do that yourself—and you’ll still need the Apple Developer Tools installed for the script to work, so be sure you don’t skip the first few steps. com/narrative/articles/ ruby-rails-mongrel-mysql-osx. qxd 20 6/30/07 8:51 AM Page 20 CHAPTER 2 ■ GETTING STARTED WHY NOT USE A PACKAGE MANAGER ON OS X? In the installation instructions for Linux, we describe using a package manager to install the Rails stack. So why not for OS X?
You would need to do all this before you even got down to the business of modeling your domain. Rails lets you get started right away, by encompassing a set of intelligent decisions about how your program should work, alleviating the amount of low-level decisionmaking you need to do up front. As a result, you can focus on the problems you’re trying to solve and get the job done quicker. qxd 8 6/30/07 9:07 AM Page 8 CHAPTER 1 ■ INTRODUCING THE RAILS FRAMEWORK Rails ships with almost no configuration files.
Beginning Rails: From Novice to Professional by Cloves Carneiro Jr