Get Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0 PDF
By Michael Gordon Laverick
The entire, Hands-On advisor to fitting and Configuring VMware website restoration supervisor 5.0
Administering VMware web site restoration supervisor 5.0 is the full, technical, hands-on advisor to VMware website restoration supervisor (SRM) 5.0 set up and configuration for knowledgeable VMware professionals.
VMware discussion board moderator and vExpert Mike Laverick totally explains SRM 5.0’s failover/failback strategies, walks readers via configuring garage replication with from numerous major providers, and exhibits the right way to successfully enforce quick, automatic, centralized catastrophe restoration. Drawing on his huge adventure with SRM and vSphere, Laverick identifies universal pitfalls and mistakes, explains why they ensue, and indicates precisely tips on how to repair them.
Fully modern for SRM 5.0, this publication provides “in-the-trenches” technical wisdom you won’t locate anyplace else, together with specialist assistance for using SRM 5.0’s complex new vSphere Replication (VR).
- Going “under the hood” with SRM 5.0 to entirely comprehend its operation
- Configuring SRM 5.0 with Dell EqualLogic Replication, EMC Celerra Replicator, EMC CLARiiON MirrorView, HP StorageWorks P4000 digital SAN equipment with distant reproduction, and NetApp SnapMirror
- Configuring a number of LUN/volumes with digital machines and digital disks
- Installing VMware SRM and configuring vSphere Replication (VR)
- Using VR to duplicate VMs throughout destinations with out third-party garage array-based replication
- Using VR to copy a unmarried VM or teams of VMs to the restoration web site
- Efficiently configuring safe and restoration sites
- Using Reprotect Mode to speed up failback and increase VM portability
- Using dependencies and precedence orders to configure SRM in keeping with your present different types of functions and services
- Leveraging SRM 5.0’s scalability advancements to serve large-scale and/or cloud environments
- Defining customized restoration plans
- Working with alarms, export histories, and entry control
- Implementing bidirectional relationships and shared website configurations
- Scripting computerized web site recovery
- Upgrading from SRM 4.1 to SRM 5.0
Read or Download Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0 PDF
Similar database storage & design books
Written with readability and a down-to-earth technique, Sams train your self SQL Server 2005 exhibit in 24 Hours covers the fundamentals of Microsoft's most recent model of SQL Server. professional writer Alison Balter takes you from uncomplicated suggestions to an intermediate point in 24 one-hour classes. you'll examine all the simple projects worthy for the management of SQL Server 2005.
After they say specialist programming, they aint kiddin round. such a lot of this booklet goes to be over the heads of an individual with no measure in computing device technology. a lot of the examples are so imprecise and slim in scope that i do not see myself ever utilizing ninety percentage of them. besides the fact that, i've got chanced on use for the remainder 10, which makes this e-book very definitely worth the buy for my part.
''Business procedure administration platforms: process and Implementation discusses enterprise administration practices and the expertise that permits them. It analyzes the heritage of procedure administration practices and proposes that BPM practices are a synthesis of BPR (radical swap) and TQM (continuous swap) practices.
Additional resources for Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0
Here is mine: Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this book, the contributors and author assume no responsibility for errors or omissions. Neither is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein. Phew, glad that’s over with! Thank you for buying this book. I know I’m not quite James Joyce, but I hope that people find reading this book both entertaining and instructive. Acknowledgments Before we move on to Chapter 1, I would like to thank the many people who helped me as I wrote this book.
If you’re looking for another example of these vendor-specific support differences, HP EVAs are supported with SRM; however, you must have licenses for HP’s Business Copy feature and its Continuous Access technology for this feature and technology to function properly. The Business Copy license is only used when snapshots are created while testing an SRM Recovery Plan. The Continuous Access license enables the replication of what HP rather confusingly calls vdisks in the storage groups. Caveat #3: Read the Manual Storage management systems have lots of “containers” which hold other containers and so on.
0 to function, including upgrading ESX, vCenter, Update Manager, and virtual machines. Hyperlinks The Internet is a fantastic resource, as we all know. However, printed hyperlinks are often quite lengthy, are difficult to type correctly, and frequently change. I’ve created a very simple Web page that contains all the URLs in this book. I will endeavor to keep this page up to date to make life easy for everyone concerned. html Please note that depending on when you purchased this book, the location of my resource blog might have changed.
Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0 by Michael Gordon Laverick